Our client, a well-established bank in Malta, is seeking a Senior Regulatory Reporting Officer to join their Finance Department. The successful candidate will assume ownership of the bank’s regulatory reporting function and will be responsible for compiling accurate, timely, and complete regulatory and statistical reporting returns.
- Compile accurate, timely, and complete regulatory and statistical reporting returns (ex. FINREP, COREP, BR06, and AnaCredit).
- Provide prompt replies to queries received from supervisory authorities, as well as any necessary follow-ups.
- Maintain the bank’s reporting framework and following-up on upgrades and fixes to regulatory reporting systems and data warehouses, including user acceptance testing of the bank’s reporting software.
- Ensure and maintain a high level of data quality including the performance of regular data quality checks and ensuring that data is uniform throughout the multiple reports.
- Compile any ad-hoc statistical or management reporting as required by Executive Management and provide timely and accurate feedback on any queries thereon.
- Uphold the bank’s integrity among its various stakeholders and integration of AML/CFT considerations into the relevant aspects of his/her remit.
- Update internal documentation and manuals, as necessary.
- Keep abreast with regulatory developments and lead the implementation on the required changes.
- Supervise the Junior Regulatory Reporting officer.
- 2-3 years of experience in regulatory or risk reporting within a bank or financial institution in Malta.
- A tertiary level of education in either Accounting, Banking and Finance, Mathematics and Statistics, or a related subject.
- A good understanding of the CRR, CRD IV, and MFSA Banking Rules would be considered an asset.
- Excellent communication skills in English; Maltese would be considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel and ability to efficiently handle data files with ease.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and an eye for detail.
- Be self-motivated and quick to take the initiative as needed.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workloads.
- Be proactive, constantly willing to improve and learn.
- Positive and respectful approach towards stakeholders and colleagues alike.
- Work with trust and integrity, ensuring full regulatory compliance at every step.
- Eager to grow on a personal level to help the bank achieve growth as well.
- Stay up to date with best practice and share new knowledge with the team.
The job is a full-time position with office hours. The job also offers a hybrid opportunity, which means that the successful candidate can work remotely on certain days of the week.
If you possess the required skills and experience, and are looking for a challenging role with a well-established bank, we encourage you to apply.
Offered Salary€30,000 - €40,000