Do you have strong analytical skills? Do you keep abreast with the laws that govern the prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism? If so, a leading financial services firm based in Malta is seeking to recruit an Intelligence Analyst. If you have the required expertise and are interested to take on a new challenge, Ceek would like to hear from you!
What is expected of you?
- Conduct detailed financial analysis in relation to suspicious transaction reports and other financial intelligence received by the company
- Review other financial intelligence gathered by the company
- Create typology reports on an ongoing basis to be circulated among law enforcement bodies, supervisory authorities and subject persons outlining the methods and trends being used in money laundering and the financing of terrorism as may be identified through such analysis
- Conduct research on typologies, methodologies and guidance issued by the company in foreign jurisdictions and by international standard setting bodies
- Collect information to identify, at an early stage, any money laundering or financing of terrorism vulnerabilities that may be exist in Malta
- Contribute to the assessment of electronic tools and software for the analysis of financial data
- Keep abreast of current and new, local and international developments, on the prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism
- Collate the information for onward transmission to foreign in the case of bi-lateral requests for information as may be received by the company
- Contribute towards the collection and maintenance of comprehensive statistical data
- Represent the company in proceedings, including as witness, before any court, tribunal or other adjudicating body
- Carry out any other job-related duties as may be assigned by your superiors from time to time
What are you expected to bring?
- A degree in Banking and Finance, Criminology, Financial Services, Economics, or in any relevant field
- Excellent knowledge of the laws that govern prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism in Malta, the international standards and EU
- Sound knowledge and experience in the fields of accounts, law enforcement and compliance
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Maltese and English
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and office automation tools
- Have a pleasant personality and be of good moral character
What’s in it for you?
- An attractive remuneration package
- Opportunity for flexible working hours
- A dynamic working environment
- Career prospects
Experience*Less than 1 Year