Application deadline date has been passed for this Job.
This job has been Expired
Ceek recruitment solutions
Are you looking for the next step in your Purchasing career? Have you experienced running a large team in retail? One of our well-known clients in the engineering industry is seeking a new Head of Purchasing. If you have what it takes, Ceek Recruitment would love to hear from you.
What is expected of you?
- Effectively manage and develop the purchasing team
- Allocate project work to Buying Managers
- Manage the categories, assortment building, and optimization
- Understand consumer trends to plan a strategy in line with market requirements
- Source the best products, locally and internationally from different suppliers
- Include sustainability both in category management and in the sourcing process
- Review current and develop new robust processes and procedures
- Prepare the yearly presentations of Team Structure and Budgets
- Issue tenders and manage evaluations
- Develop and support all the promotional activity settled by/with the marketing department
- Review stock levels and order products
- Plan for payment and delivery
- Manage sourced items to ensure company quality and certification expectations
What are you expected to bring?
- Experience in a similar role, preferably in retail
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Experience working in a product and consumer-focused business
- A degree in relevant areas including procurement, business administration, sales and marketing, management, or commerce
- Previous experience working in the retail industry is considered as an advantage
- Knowledge of the products and/or services available on the market
- Knowledge of competitors’ activities and pricing strategies
- Commercial and business awareness
- Finance and analytical skills
- Can work under pressure and be results-driven
- Possess strong business acumen
- Good leadership skills to be able to manage and motivate a team
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent salary and benefits package
- Well established company
Experience*Less than 1 Year