Reporting to the Head of IT, the successful candidate will be responsible to assist in the management, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of the company IT systems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensuring security best practices are adhered to through access controls, network devices etc;
- Providing support in terms of problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of issues;
- Managing activities related to operational services daily while gaining familiarisation with the DevOps lifecycle;
- Setting up, configuring and maintaining existing and new hardware, peripherals and services;
- Ensuring that system monitoring is performed daily while verifying the integrity and availability of each respective solution;
- Maintaining systems availability according to SLA requirements;
- Create, verify and maintain backups for the entire internal infrastructure stack
- Become 2nd point of contact for troubleshooting issues and outages
- Provisioning, configuring and maintaining Microsoft Windows based systems (Server 2012/2016);
- Managing and maintaining of internal/external services such as DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SFTP, ADFS and VoIP;
- Assisting team members in using or accessing IT related systems.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Certification in MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE or equivalent;
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in Windows Server Platforms and within a similar environment;
- Sound knowledge of security requirements and keeping up-to-date with the threat landscape;
- Good knowledge of system and application monitoring tools such as Zabbix and PRTG;
- Basic understanding of routing protocols;
- Experience in Hyper-V Virtualization, administration and troubleshooting;
- Experience in Microsoft Windows Service administration and troubleshooting;
- Experience with network installation and configuration – LAN/WAN, firewalls and switches.
- Cisco CCNA certification will be considered an asset.