Are you looking for the next step in your Purchasing career, have you experience of running a large team in retail if so then this could be for you? One of our retail clients is seeking a new Head of Purchasing. If you have what it takes, Ceek Recruitment would love to hear from you.
What is expected of you?
- Effectively manage and develop our diverse purchasing team
- Allocate project work to Buying Managers
- Effective team management
- Category management and assortment building and optimization.
- Understand consumer trends to plan a strategy in line with market requirements.
- Sourcing the best products, locally and internationally.
- Include sustainability both in category management and in the sourcing process.
- Review current and develop new robust processes and procedures.
- Yearly presentations of Team Structure and Budgets
- Issue tenders (RFI/RFQ) and manage evaluations
- Develop rebate plans.
- Develop and support all the promotional activity settled by/with marketing department.
- Supplier management.
- Review stock levels and order products. Follow-up on Logistics.
- Plan for payment and delivery.
- Manage sourced items to ensure company quality and certification expectations
- Report preparation and presentation
What are you expected to bring?
- Experience in a similar role, preferably in retail.
- Experience working in a product and consumer-focused business.
- Requires a university degree (qualification at MQF Level 4 or higher) in relevant areas including procurement, business administration, sales and marketing, management, or commerce.
- Previous experience working in the retail industry is consider an advantage.
- Knowledge of the products and/or services available on the market
- Knowledge of competitors’ activities and pricing strategies
- Commercial and business awareness
- Finance skills, analytical skills,
- Ability to work under pressure, results driven and strong business acumen.
- Good Leadership skills to be able to manager and motivate a team
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent Salary and benefits package
- Well established company
Experience*Less than 1 Year