Do you consider yourself to be a result driven individual? Do you have a proven track record in leading and motivating a team? If you are looking for a new challenge, our client, a legal firm, is seeking to recruit a Client Accounting Manager to continue growing this section. If you think you have what it takes, we at Ceek would like to hear from you!
What is expected of you?
- Build a strong working relationships with clients
- Identify and communicate with the client and engagement issues
- Liaise with external parties such as clients, banks, suppliers, auditors and/or government authorities
- Manage to compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities
- Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems
- Handle and chase debtors via e-mail & telephone
- Guide the team members in the preparation of management accounts and/or financial statements to inspire continued professional development
- Prepare and submit VAT Returns and recapitulative declarations as well as presenting progress reports for senior management review
- Check training needs for clients team members and identify suitable courses to address such needs
- Oversee timesheet data to assess profitability
- Coordinate with the relationship managers to provide detailed information related to their respective portfolios
- Provide top management with regular progress updates and efficiency reports
- Supervise performance of Client Accounting team members
- Work on any other tasks that may arise in relation to the duties
What are you expected to bring?
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in business English
- Working experience in managing a team of client accountants; ideally 2+ years within the role
- A proven track record in setting KPIs for the client accounting team including ongoing performance management
- A degree in Commerce (Accountancy) and/or ACA, ACCA or CIMA or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of the Malta tax compliance requirements including the preparation and submission of VAT returns, VAT recaps, corporate tax returns, tax refund claim forms and shareholder registration forms
- Proficiency in Excel
- Experience with Sage is preferred, training will be provided
- Great attention to detail
- Be flexible and proactive
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration
- Career development
- Multi-cultural environment