Our client, a top player in the hospitality industry in Malta is seeking to recruit a Restaurant Manager. They are looking for a highly motivated, meticulous, and responsible team player. If you fit the bill and are looking for a challenge, Ceek would like to hear from you !
What is expected of you?
- Assist the Director of F&B in training, supervising, counselling and discipling restaurant staff
- Supervise the floor during meal periods to ensure that all company standards are met
- Ensure that checklists, requisitions, and proper opening and closing functions are being completed per shift
- Communicate effectively to restaurant staff throughout service to provide them with clear direction for a smooth operation
- Ensure staffing levels are accurate based on the hotel occupancy of the day
- Organise and conduct pre-shift departmental meetings, communicating pertinent information to the staff on duty, and ensure they are fully aware of any last minute menu changes
- Maintain a calm and alert demeanour, especially during heavy restaurant activity, serving as a role member to the other members of the Restaurant Team
- Answer the telephone in a clear voice, coordinating and documenting reservations
- Carry out billing procedures, entering items in the point of sales accurately
- Monitor the facility and kitchen areas to ensure food quality and service standards are met
- Inform the Director of F&B and Executive Chef about guest feedback on service and food and beverage offerings
- Work closely with Director of F&B during the monthly inventory stock take for all Restaurant equipment
- Ensure all daily reports are submitted in a timely manner
- Support the entire food and beverage operation, including supervising other areas where necessary, and carry out food and beverage service in guests’ suites when required
- Work on other duties as assigned by the Director of F&B
What are you expected to bring?
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role in a luxury hotel
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (Office, restaurant management software, POS, MICROS)
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Positive attitude and good communication skills with excellent grooming standards
- Strong leadership skills and mastery in delegating multiple tasks
- Fluency in the English Language
- Be willing to work shifts, including weekends and public holidays
What’s in it for you?
- Attractive salary
- Dynamic and professional environment
- Career prospects