Do you have strong negotiation skills? Do you have experience in procurement within the hospitality sector? If so, we are looking for a Procurement Manager & Cost Controller to join our client within the hospitality sector. The chosen candidate will be responsible for procuring the most cost effective materials as well as ensure that required stocks are always available. If you are looking for a new challenge, Ceek would like to hear from you !
What is expected of you?
- Build and maintain positive relationship with the current and new suppliers
- Handle and process all requests submitted by the operations team
- Manage the shipping of items ordered from abroad
- Monitor the market to get a sense of pricing and challenge current suppliers to get better deals
- Keep the HACCP System up to date for all the suppliers in conformance with the Company Policy
- Check pending orders and the requested deadline for the requests
- Obtain quotes for requests as they arise and compile the comparison sheets for management approval
- Prepare reports and present them to senior management
- Search the market for commodities which are in use and for new commodities required by the operation
- Analyse monthly inventory discrepancies following stock takes
- Conduct yield testing and costing exercises with the F&B Team
- Consult with the F&B team and Chefs to ensure accurate costing
- Maintain the Material Control System up to date and organise month end stock taking
- Prepare month end reporting which will be required by the accounts department
- Process transfers between outlets and update the stock system accordingly
- Compile any menu engineering that the operation requires
What are you expected to bring?
- At least 2 years’ experience as a procurement manager or procurement assistant, preferably within hospitality
- Excellent understanding of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as the ability to “read” the market
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Previous experience with Materials Control software as well as proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive remuneration package
- Career development
- Opportunity to join a dynamic organisation