Our client, a renowned advisory firm in the financial and legal industry, is seeking to recruit a Litigation Lawyer. If you have the required expertise and are interested to take on this new challenge, we at Ceek would love to hear from you!
What is expected of you?
- Attend court sittings on behalf of the company and assist employees or agents who have to attend the proceedings too
- Liaise with the company’s external lawyer in relation to any court-related procedures
- Draft, prepare and file judicial acts related to the proceedings
- Lead and initiate court-related procedures that are required within the enforcement process
- Undertake duties in relation to judicial actions where the unit is related to
- Liaise with the company’s external lawyers in relation to any court-related procedures
- Collect data, documentation which are necessary for the court related proceeding by liaising with other units and sections
- Represent the company in proceeding, including as witness, tribunal or other adjudicating body
- Attend and participate in internal and external management meetings
- Ad-hoc duties as may be required
What are you expected to bring?
- A higher Law degree and a warrant to practice law in Malta
- At least a year’s experience in court practice
- Verbal and written fluency in both Maltese and English language
- Thorough knowledge and experience in the relevant EU directives, local legislation, anti-money laundering and other international standards
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to perform under pressure
- The ability to deal with a multi-cultural work environment and client base
What’s in it for you?
- Professional development
- Chances of flexible working hours
- Attractive remuneration package
- Multi-cultural working environment