Do you have a warrant to practise law in Malta? Do you have a solid understanding of Maltese corporate law? Are you looking for a challenging new role? We are seeking to recruit a Corporate Lawyer for a leading corporate service provider in Malta. If yes, we want to hear from you!
What is expected of you?
- Attend client meetings and assist with the onboarding process of new clients
- Correlate and verify due diligence in accordance with KYC procedures
- Oversee all regulatory aspects related to the company’s business
- Consult on Maltese corporate law
- Draft corporate documents such as M&As, resolutions, MFSA and MGA forms, etc
- Draft, revise, negotiate and conclude contractual agreements
- Assist with obtaining licenses (gaming, financial, investment, etc)
- Develop new service lines
- Assist in the opening of bank accounts
- Prepare and submit annual returns
- Assist with ongoing clients’ compliance
- Assist with ongoing license compliance obligations
- Ensure client files are maintained, up-to-date and in line with its license obligations
- Liaise with various relevant authorities
- Assist with ad hoc corporate administration tasks
What are you expected to bring?
- A Law degree from the University of Malta (LL.D. or M. Adv)
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in corporate law
- A detailed understanding of Maltese company law and Company Services Provider rules. Knowledge of gaming law and financial services law would be considered an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Italian would be considered advantageous
- Experience using various MS Office applications, database management and other major software applications
- The ability to deal with a multi-cultural work environment and client base
- A willingness to develop his/her experience through training, qualification and continuing professional development
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills and ability to perform under pressure
- A pro-active attitude
- A clean driver’s license with your own a car
What’s in it for you?
- Multi-cultural working environment
- Attractive salary
- Professional development