Are you seeking new challenges in your Accounting career? A globally known insurance company is looking to recruit a Senior Accountant to join their growing team in Malta. If you feel you have what it takes, Ceek would love to hear from you.
What is expected of you?
- Assist the Head of Accounting in daily operations such as managing accounts, reconciliations, consolidation package, and other reporting
- Supervise the daily operational aspect of the accounting team and respond to general queries and requests
- Liaise with internal and external auditors
- Coach and mentor other team members
- Review insurance accounting entries, and analyse foreign currency exposure
- Review and analyse all bank reconciliations and discrepancies
- Liaise with tax representative to ensure that the tax reporting is accurate
- Follow up on periodic accounting controls and audits
- Recommend continuous system and process improvements
- Prepare year-end financial statements
- Draft workflows and related accounting schemes for new projects
- Other ad-hoc tasks that may be required
What are you expected to bring?
- Be a fully qualified Accountant
- Previous experience in Insurance is an asset
- Excellent English communication skills
- Focus on achieving targets and meeting deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
What’s in it for you?
- An attractive salary
- Career growth