Seeking a new challenge in the financial services sector? A leading international Bank with a strong presence here in Malta is looking for a Senior Accountant. If this sounds like too great an opportunity to pass up and you have what it takes, Ceek would love to hear from you. The individual chosen will be reporting to Luxembourg headquarters and would be required to work initially in Luxembourg for four months.
What is expected of you?
- Responsible for one accounting area
- Assist with the creation of internal and external reports, and monthly/quarterly/end of year closings and annual consolidated financial statements
- Assist with creating yearly forecasts as well as multi-year budget planning
- Participation with internal projects
- Answering and processing queries of auditors and tax inspectors as well as internal accounting related cases
- Executing data quality checks and processing reporting requirements
- Preparing tax and VAT returns
- Controlling and monitoring payment instructions
What are you expected to bring?
- Banking apprenticeship and/or bachelor’s degree in relevant field (economics, business administration, finance)
- Several years of relevant practical experience in a similar role
- Extensive knowledge of IFRS/LUXGAAP and general accounting regulations
- Analytical and decision-making skills and a structured way of working
- Work successfully both autonomously and within teams
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office especially Excel, further system knowledge
- Excellent communication in English – verbal and written; German and any other European language would be an asset.
What’s in it for you?
- High-level visibility within a large organization on an upwards trajectory
- Join a dynamic and fast-paced team that makes a genuine impact on revenue and sales pipeline
- Work with a diverse, agile and global IT team