Our R&D based, start-up work environment is fast paced, involving multi-tasking and a high sense of responsibility. Our company environment is creative, energetic and unconventional. A growing company requires a high level of flexibility and ability to adapt.
Smart Materials Ltd is developing a novel, patented, production method to produce a revolutionary type of foam.
Being so novel, we are having to develop a lot of our equipment and machinery inhouse. The role will be primarily focused on such activities, working closely with the R&D team to develop new inhouse systems. Eventually the role will also grow to a supervisory role, overseeing the new, state of the art, production machinery.
Working in a start up comes with a lot of advantages:
- Working hours: Flexible
- Possibility to work from home (when not physically needed in the lab)
- You will have a clear say in the company’s development and progress
- Great future prospects
- And most importantly being part of something great!!!!!!
- Together with the R&D team, understand the critical needs to address a problem and design the correct equipment for the cause.
- Adapt and adjust ‘off the shelf’ equipment to the companies needs.
- Help in preparing budgets for such projects
- Creation on documentation
- Evaluate electrical products and systems by designing testing methods
- Test finished products and system capabilities
- Keep necessary equipment operational
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results
- Minimum qualification – Masters in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with prototyping and construction of hardware would be highly regarded.
- The individual must be openminded and creative.
- Experience in electronics design and assembly.
- Experience in C/C++ programming.
- Experience in data collection and report writing required.
- Excellent level of English is a must.
- Openminded and eager to learn.
- Have an eye for detail and well organised.
- Multitasking ability coupled with flexible work attitude.
- Able to work both in a team environment and on own initiative.
Job Reference*Electrical Engineer