Our Client is a European Construction Contractor now undertaking a range of projects in Malta.
An Experienced Quantity Surveyor, Civil Engineer or Architect with experience of the local market is now required to join the new construction company offices.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing cost estimates for civil/architectural works and preparing Bid Documents for new build and refurbishment / restoration building projects
- Determining project costs by calculating labor, material, and related costs.
- Supervising construction projects, to ensure compliance with engineering designs and documents and confirming specifications.
- Confirming adherence to construction specifications and safety standards by monitoring project progress, inspecting construction site, and verifying calculations and placements.
- Validating design issues related to Civil/Architectural works and suggest alternative solutions.
- Fulfilling project requirements by guiding operators.
- Maintaining operations by enforcing project and operational policies and procedures.
- Complying with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; and advising management on needed actions.
- Directing, monitoring and controlling the activities of Civil/Architectural Subcontractors.
- Liaison with Consultant Civil/Architectural supervisory Engineers, Inspectors and relevant staff.
- Ensuring that Civil/Architectural Subcontractors provide and adhere to relevant Quality documentation/records.
- Ensure that Civil/Architectural Subcontractors adhere to Project safety regulations.
- Maintaining project database by entering data, and completing backups.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Possess a Bachelor Degree in civil/structural engineering, architectural engineering, or architecture
- Demonstrate fluent written and spoken English
- Have extensive experience in the preparation of tenders
- Possess AutoCAD proficiency with some design experience
- Be confident communicators with the ability to organize workload
- Have site coordination skills
- Possess 5-10 years experience and preferably hold a Maltese Warrant
This is an excellent opportunity to join a European company being involved in the initial project awards within the local market.
For full details, please contact Ami Baird at Ably Resources – [email protected]