Would you like to be part of a renowned trust and consultancy firm? Then don’t miss this opportunity! Ceek’s looking for a Legal and Compliance Officer who is well-organized with a keen eye for detail and enjoys working in a small team. Get in touch today if you think you have what it takes!
What is expected of you?
- Assist the team with corporate matters, formation, dissolution, and restructuring of legal structures
- Draft and review contracts
- Conduct legal research in accordance with the team/group of companies needs
- Liaise with authorities, as well as other professional services firms to assist clients in their operations
- Assist in the documentation of commercial transactions
- Organise Board Meetings, AGMs, management meetings, and take minutes
- Keep abreast of legal developments as well with new regulatory developments in relation to AML, CSP/Trustee rules and regulations, and GDPR
- Work on client files and ensure that deadlines are met
- Coordinate AML compliance both at on-boarding as well as ongoing file reviews of clients and group companies
- Review the company’s internal accounting and corporate departments’ ongoing monitoring obligations
- Assist in the compilation of client profiles, as well as during compliance audits
- Organize and coordinate exercises for reporting requirements of regulated and unregulated group entities
- Assist with Regulatory Compliance and the MLRO as needed
- Ensure that all AML obligations are being adhered to by the Group of Companies
- Update the company’s policies and procedures and internal compliance manuals
- Provide support to the MD
- Work on other duties as assigned or requested
- Report to the Managing Director and work closely with the company’s team abroad
What are you expected to bring?
- An equivalent qualification in Law
- A minimum of 2 years’ working experience in a similar role, preferably in the financial services industry
- Strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Be highly organised and attention to detail
- Ability to work unsupervised will be considered an asset
- Possess an excellent knowledge of English, both verbal and written; other languages would also be advantageous
- Great knowledge of MS Office products, including Office Outlook
- Able to adapt to different tasks as required
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- An attractive remuneration package
- A fun, dynamic working environment