Are you a self-motivated and meticulous person who would like to work within a dynamic team? Does working in a growing company with fantastic career progression opportunities sound interesting to you? If so, a boutique law firm in Malta is looking for a Corporate Lawyer to join them. If you think you could be the right fit for this role, we at Ceek want to hear from you!
What is expected of you?
- Handle clients’ needs in relation to the planning and implementation of corporate restructuring exercises and provide tax and corporate advice accordingly
- Give recommendations on clients’ corporate documents, Memorandum & Articles of Association, resolutions, etc. as well as liquidation processes
- Give support to clients’ on any succession planning and its relevant tax implications/benefits
- Liaise with client’s services providers, such as banks, law firms and also authorities where required
- Ensure that the organization is updated on any legislative changes – corporate and commercial law and compliance obligations
- Liaise with the firm’s internal departments regarding corporate matters
What are you expected to bring?
- A Law Degree and a warrant to practice law in Malta
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role ideally within the corporate, commercial, financial services and tax practice areas
- Knowledge of the statutory documents regarding the Companies Act is an asset
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), in both English and Maltese
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is a must
- The ability to develop and maintain working relationships with both clients and colleagues
- A great multi-tasker, having a ‘can do’ attitude with excellent personal standards
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible working hours
- Professional training
- Hybrid set-up
- Attractive salary