Do have strong leadership skills coupled with a passion for numbers? Would you like to work for a successful group of companies, leaders in the construction industry? Our client is seeking to recruit an experienced Financial Controller. If you think you have what it takes, we at Ceek would love to hear from you!
What is expected of you?
- Prepare and analyse the monthly financial statements and interpreting the figures as well as the year-end external financial reporting
- Lead the Budget process with other Departments and prepare budgets, cash flows and forecasts
- Ensure adherence to approved budgets, cash flows and forecasts
- Monitor and plan cash resources and liquidity
- Present financial reports concisely and meaningfully to both financial and non-financial managers
- Be the point of reference to other Heads of Departments, management, directors, and staff
- Compile statutory reports required by government and other regulatory bodies, like VAT Returns, tax returns etc
- Cooperate with internal and external auditors to ensure proper compliance and efficient interim and year-end closures
- Identify opportunities to improve processes, workflows, and information systems
- Implement effective internal controls to reduce risk exposure
- Ensure that internal controls are updated and enhanced as well as all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed and reported
- Monitor and ensure that all reconciliations, including but not limited to bank & cash, VAT, intercompany, payroll and suppliers, are updated on a regular periodic basis
- Manage, guide, and motivate the finance team members, set goals, and oversee their performance to maintain a strong employee relationship
- Perform any additional duties as may be required by the company from time to time
What are you expected to bring?
- A degree in accountancy or an equivalent qualification in ACCA
- Possess a warrant to act as a Certified Public Accountant
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems like Vison, Sun will be considered an asset
What’s in it for you?
- An attractive remuneration package
- Stable job opportunity
- Career prospects