We are seeking to recruit a Compliance Associate, to join the team of a leading financial services company based here in Malta. If you are looking for a new challenge, we at Ceek would love to hear from you!
What is expected of you?
- Lead and assist in the planning, preparation, and management of compliance assessments in liaison with authorities
- Participate in meetings of the Compliance Monitoring Committee
- Review, assess and evaluate inspection reports, advise thereon, and implement any necessary corrective measures
- Identify clients and maintain a database accordingly as well as contribute in advising clients to establish appropriate AML and CFT internal structures and controls
- Ensure that clients appoint a competent MLRO and maintain an updated list of all MLROs
- Organize, alone or jointly with other departments, AML training and information sessions
- Assist and contribute to the drawing up and maintenance of implementation procedures for all clients
- Develop and establish compliance procedures for off-site and on-site inspections and undertake reporting on inspections
- Receive, review, assess, follow up and evaluate annual compliance reports submitted by clients
- Liaise and co-operate with authorities in implementing and monitoring compliance procedures
What are you expected to bring?
- A University degree or an equivalent qualification in Banking and Finance, Financial Services, Economics, Law, English, History or in any other subject
- Proven experience in compliance is a must
- Knowledgeable about laws that govern prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism in Malta, the international standards and EU legislation in the area as well as sound knowledge of the relevant EU Directives and related local legislation that govern financial and ancillary services
- A good level of familiarity with the operations of the financial services sector
- Proficiency in office automation tools
- Have a pleasant personality and be of good moral character
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive remuneration package
- A dynamic working environment
- Excellent career opportunities
- Offered SalaryNegotiable
- Job Reference*1623