We are seeking to recruit Chief Security for one of our clients in the Hospitality Sector. To enforce Security and Health & Safety procedures and practices. This role includes also being responsible for both guests within the hotel and staff on duty, while using preventive measures to safeguard company property.
What is expected of you?
- Take responsibility for all the Security Officers / Receiving Clerks.
- Ensure that all employees clock in and out and report on any misuse.
- Conducting random body searches on employees and employee’s bags.
- Ensure that all unauthorised entries of persons are barred through staff entrance.
- Ensure key control to all stores and other secure risk areas and only allow entrance to these areas in accordance to established policy procedures.
- Accompany the Duty Manager to open the Main Stores outside working hours.
- Ensure that all goods entering the hotel are checked and properly documented.
- Take responsibility for the Lost and Found Room.
- Monitor and maintain various registers – such as outgoing records, incoming records, receiving records, key register, daily log books.
- Perform patrol duties of the premises and its precincts.
- Follow up all reports of thefts and misdoings by hotel guests and employees.
- Liaison with the local police whenever this is necessary.
- Attend to errands outside the hotel that is deemed necessary.
- Maintain an effective Staff Locker System, and hold spot checks and ensure that lockers are being kept clean and in a good state.
- Ensure that all cameras (CCTV) in the hotel are functioning and in a good state at all times.
- Assess security needs at all special functions organised by the Hotel.
- Health & Safety responsibilities, not limited to;
- Ensuring that the staff entrance is free from all obstacles.
- Being responsible for the monitoring of all the firefighting equipment, First Aid boxes, Security system checks, including liaising with various safety contractors.
- Organising fire drills and staff training in the hotel evacuation, firefighting and first aid in collaboration with the Human Resources Manager.
- Overseeing the Hotel Evacuation Plan by updating it as necessary and organising informative meetings to staff.
- Being responsible for the upkeep and updating of all hotel’s emergency signs.
- Actively involved and monitoring the HACCAP systems in the hotel together with the Legionnaires procedures.
- To perform any duties as per operations requirements as instructed by the Operations Manager or General Manager.
What are you expected to bring?
- Relevant Certifications
- Past work experience
What’s in it for you?
- Work with a renowned Company
- Opportunity for career progression