Ta’Celit, is an established family run restaurant located in the northern part ofthe island. The property has been in thefamily since mid 1900’s, firstly serving as a coffee bar and grocer, then inthe 1970’s, it was converted to a bar and restaurant by Michael and CelitaCaruana locals of Mgarr.
The restaurant grew at a steady pace specialising in traditionalMaltese cuisine, mainly rabbit, until it was leased out in 2003 when theCaruanas retired. For the next fifteenyears the restaurant was run by another Mgarr local, Wistin, also specialising in traditional Maltesecuisine.
Therestaurant is returning to the Caruana family to be run by their eldestdaughter Rose and her husband Roberto.
They arelooking forward to this new challenge and would like a knowledgeable andmotivated Chef to join them on this exciting venture.
The main duties willinclude but not be limited to:
- Setting up and managing the Kitchen Team,
- Ensuring that the Kitchen area conforms with all legal requirements for health and safety, hygiene, fire safety, licensing and employment of the relative staff.
- Making recommendations in the compilation of the menu which will change depending on the season.
- Estimating the expected food consumption, requisition and procurement of supplies. The primary focus being on minimising food wastage and optimisation of stock levels.
- Preparing, cooking and supervising various types of traditional local cuisine, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Meeting with customers, when necessary, to discuss menus for special occasions, such as weddings, parties, or banquets.
- Ensuring a smooth working relationship between the front staff and the Kitchen Team.
- 40 hours a week split as required in accordance with the restaurant opening hours or exigencies of the work.
- From time to time should be able to dedicate time outside of normal service hours for additional meetings and/or other administrative tasks.
- Minimum experience of 1 year in a similar position.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Must be an excellent team player.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Dedicated to food quality and control.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organised.
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards.
Education and Training
- The ideal candidate should preferably have a diploma in food preparation.
- Food Handlers Registration Card Category B.
An attractive remuneration package will be formulatedfor the successful applicant.
Kindly send your picture and CV to [email protected] by not later than Sunday 20th January 2019. Applications will be treated in strictconfidence.
ExperienceLess than 1 Year