We work with vast amounts of data locally & internationally and we need excellent analytical skills to garner insights.
As a BI Developer, you will help us to gain a competitive advantage in the market. You’ll join our dynamic team that builds reports, dashboards and analytic solutions for people across the business.
If you enjoy BigData and have real-world experience, then this is the job for you!
You will be required to:
- Aggregate large sets of data from heterogeneous sources into a data warehouse that is used extensively across the organisation.
- Write relational and multidimensional queries, whilst creating and deploying reports.
- Create high-quality datasets for business analysts’ consumption.
- Author reports for operational use.
- Extend the data warehouse model with additional dimensions and facts.
- Integrate new data sources.
- Closely work with the BI operations team to rectify identified issues.
- Recommend improvements, participate in daily stand-ups and assist in task planning.
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role, relevant degree (preferably in Computer Science or BigData).
- Excellent SQL knowledge.
- Very good ETL and ELT knowledge (such as Microsoft SSIS, Microsoft Polybase, Google Cloud Dataflow).
- Very good understanding of data models and associated best practices.
- Experience with Microsoft SSRS, SSAS, PowerBI, Excel.
- Preferably experience with cloud columnar databases (such as Google BigQuery).
- Basic Microsoft SQL server administration knowledge.
- Experience with data quality techniques and best practices for the verification and accuracy of data.
- Use of Project tracking software (such as JIRA).
- A collaborative approach and worked in Agile teams.
- A continuous improvement mind-set.
- Excellent Microsoft SQL Server Reporting, Analysis and Integration Services experience.
- Knowledge of at least 1 data visualisation tool.